onsdag 6 maj 2009

Assignment 4

The schoolsystem in Sweden is always a current subject. And you can't argue against that the Swedish schoolsystem has changed the last 20 years. The new goverment want's to bring back the "old way" and have grades from the first year in school. My experience tells me that grades in the first year won't help the children to learn more.

Todays schools hase got a very importand job. They have to see every child and model them to the best they can be. Teachers follows the children from a very young age and because of that, they can recognize if some children needs more help. They can designe a syllabus for each student that shows what they need speciell help with.

A second reason is the fact that some students get very stressed when they are faced with the gradesystem. And the gradesystem it self has got lots of faults, but that is another subject. To make children that is not mature enough with the pressure that can appear in the gradesystem is a stupid idea! The grade itself will not make the children work harder and learn more.

But, as I said, the Swedish schoolsystem is not perfect, hasn't ever and will never be perfect! We can only make it as good as possible! It is a fact that there are to large classes for one theacher. It is hard to see every child and it is not certain that help from the schools for the children with speciall needs gets it. The schools dosn't have the resource to make this possible. And as many people my age says, that is was better when we went to school, and maybe it was. But we have to see what was a good school for 10, 20, 50 and 70 years ago, and of cours what is good with the system we have today. And make the best school that we can!

1 kommentar:

  1. Jenny! I can agree in many things you wrote. Grades are not the solution to get the children to learn new things.

    You use the linking-device in a good way. And you also have a good introduction and conclusion. The paragraph in between are also good. But I would like to see more count arguments. Something that show that your way are the way to think. (hope you understand what I mean)

    I am sorry that I cannot give you any response on your grammar because I am not sure on my own.

    Over all you have an interesting text, that I enjoyed to read. Good luck on your next assignments.
    Best regards Frida

    SvaraRadera